Saturday, August 27, 2005

New Movies!

Hi all,

Through my wanderings through the Internet, I have come upon a list of movies to be released over the next few years. Which ones are you guys looking forward to? Here's the list:




2005:


1. KING KONG ( December 14th)

"Set in the 1930s, this is the story of a group of explorers and documentary filmmakers who travel to the mysterious Skull Island (near Sumatra) to investigate legends of a giant gorilla named Kong. Once there, they discover that King Kong is a real creature, living in a massive jungle where creatures from prehistoric times have been protected and hidden for millions of years. As the explorers search for the great ape, their quest puts them up against both Kong and his dinosaur enemies. Ultimately, it is the attention of a beautiful human woman (Watts) that soothes Kong long enough for him to be subdued by the explorers and shipped back to New York, where his bleak future involves being put on display in front of humans... but how long can even the mightiest shackles of man hold back an ape 25 feet tall?"


I saw a trailer for this one..... :)



2. THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: THE LION, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE ( December 13th?)


" Four kids travel through a wardrobe to the land of Narnia and learn of their destiny to free it with the guidance of a lion messiah......"

I am so excited about this movie!






2006:




1. X-MEN 3 ( May 5th)



"Rumor, with some support, says the plot will focus on the Dark Phoenix storyline which originally appeared in the comic book series. Bryan Singer has left the series in favor of restarting the Superman movie franchise, no replacement yet named, but Famke Janssen will play Jean Grey's dark alter-ego, Patrick Stuart and Ian McKellen the wise old rivals, James Marsden again is Cyclops and Hugh Jackmen is the mean man with the titanium-bladed hands."



2. SUPERMAN RETURNS ( June ?)



"Bret Rattner directs this origin tale, the first of a trilogy written by J.J. Abrams (Felicity, Alias), only rumors on who (Keanu Reeves) will wear the red cape for now."

Please not Keanu Reeves!!!



3. PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST ( July 7th)



"Depp, Knightley and Bloom will all be back for this sequel, as will director Gore Verbinsky......Johnny Depp's Capt. Jack Sparrow owes a blood debt to the legendary Davey Jones, ruler of the ocean depths and captain of the ghostly Flying Dutchman, and if Jack can't figure a way out he'll be cursed to an afterlife of eternal servitude and damnation...."



4. INDIANA JONES IV ( July ?)


"Spielberg, Lucas, and Ford bring back an Indy whose in his early '60s, the movie's set in the 1950s, and the script is by Frank Darabont (Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption). Sean Connery and some of Indy's girlfriends will be back, at least in cameos, as well."




2007:


1. SPIDERMAN 3 (May 4th)



" Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst are signed to return for the third film about the Webbed Wonder.... Thomas Haden Church, who was nominated for an Academy Award for best supporting actor in Sideways, has been cast as Spidey's new archenemy in the next chapter of the Spider-Man franchise but the name of his character hasn't been revealed."



2. THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM (May ?)


" Just announced, Matt Damon will be back as one of my favorite screen heroes of recent years for the third installment. Paul Greengrass, director of the second Bourne and the upcoming graphic novel group of superheroes Watchmen, also returns. Tony Gilroy will script, as he did for the first two.

No plot details yet though of course their may be some connection to Ludlum novel of the same name ;) One wonders how much connection is possible, however, since the novel depicts a "final battle" between Bourne and Carlos the Jackal, his terrorist arch-rival, but this relationship hasn't been mentioned at all in the previous movies. More likely, I think, is that the connection will be limited to the way Bourne is drawn out from a settled life lived under a new name with a family who know nothing of his past."




Well, what do you think?

36 Comments:

  • Wow... I'm going to spend the next few years in the cinema! :D Nice list, MVB.

    By Blogger Song, at 11:14 AM  

  • Thanks! Yeah, the next few years ( in movies) look exciting!

    By Blogger MVB, at 6:37 PM  

  • I am looking forward to King Kong, Narnia, Indiana Jones(whoopee!!), Pirates, and Borne Ultimatum. They all look so cool!!!!!!!

    By Blogger Sara, at 9:40 PM  

  • King Kong looks so cool! Andy Serkis is playing the big ape. I saw a tralier and King Kong looks soooo real, just like Gollum did! Indiana Jones IV, finally! And yes, Pirates of the Caribbean and the Bourne film look great!!! Can't wait!!

    By Blogger MVB, at 10:03 PM  

  • Where did you see the trailer for King Kong, Zach?

    By Blogger Sara, at 10:07 PM  

  • When, I went and saw War of the Worlds.....

    By Blogger MVB, at 10:15 PM  

  • Hey! No fair! I saw War of the Worlds and I didn't see the commercial. :( Did you see the Narnia commercial?

    By Blogger Sara, at 9:02 PM  

  • Narnia looks good (as always)...I still think their Peter's too old, but oh well...

    Not many of those films caught my eye, honestly...PotC might be...interesting...I can't stand Depp and Bloom but, again, oh well...

    By Blogger David Ketter, at 9:52 PM  

  • Oh man!!! I can't wait for those movies to come out!!! YIPPY!!! I am really excited for Chronicles of Narnia, Indiana Jones IV and the Bourne Ultimatum! I can't wait!!! Did you know that Shrek 3 is comming out soon too??? Did you have that on your list? I don't know. I didn't like shrek 2 as much as 1. I can't wait for the Chronicles of Narnia and the Bourne Ultimatum the most!!! I have to go and start school, Darn! Bye

    By Blogger ballerina4him, at 8:36 AM  

  • No, Sara, I didn't see the Narnia trailer!! :( I really, really wanted too. But no...

    What do you mean, David, that you can't stand O. Bloom and Johnny Depp???? Johnny Depp's performance in Pirates 1 was worthy of an Academy Award! He was brilliant! Orlando Bloom was good too! Or is it that you just do not like them personally?

    No, I didn't have Shrek 3 on my list, because I really didn't like the Shrek movies. :) I saw parts of the first Shrek movie, but really didn't like it...

    By Blogger MVB, at 10:24 AM  

  • I know it isn't the best movie in the world but I thought it was cute.

    By Blogger ballerina4him, at 2:08 PM  

  • I just don't like them personally...and Depp as Wonka...kill me now!

    By Blogger David Ketter, at 5:04 PM  

  • I heard Depp as Wonka was really good! I understand you not liking Bloom- he isn't one of my favorites either. And he always acts and talks the same in his films! ALWAYS!!!!!!

    By Blogger Sara, at 9:51 PM  

  • I don't know I went to the Wonka movie and I didn't really like him as Wonka. I just don't think he fit. The rest of the movie was pretty good!

    By Blogger ballerina4him, at 8:18 AM  

  • Well, I'm sure he was kinda different for the part- why did they put all that makeup on him? But Jonny Depp as an actor is really good!

    By Blogger Sara, at 4:58 PM  

  • Johnny Depp is a great actor. Period. Orlando is good, but some people, like Sara, dislike him. But, he definitely has talent. I've heard mixed reports about him ( Depp) as Wonka. But he's definitely a great actor. :)

    By Blogger MVB, at 5:40 PM  

  • Yeah, Orlando has talent, but he annoys me because he seems a little puffed up- I could be wrong.

    By Blogger Sara, at 6:06 PM  

  • Well he's cool. He's in Hollywood. He has the right to act cool if he wants. I do think he is a ham, though... But he's still cool. $)

    By Blogger MVB, at 9:24 PM  

  • Cool??? Orlando cool????? Out of all the people in the world Zach, I never expected you to think that Orlando is "cool". :D He is a BIG ham. Ok, well, maybe he's not THAT bad...

    By Blogger Sara, at 9:41 PM  

  • Yup. Totally cool. A lot of us handsome guys are. :)

    By Blogger MVB, at 11:43 PM  

  • Forgive my ignorance, but your Eastern sea-board slang isn't familiar to me. Ham?

    Orlando Bloom, handsome? Please....You're right about one thing though: "A lot of us handsome guys are." :D

    By Blogger David Ketter, at 11:40 AM  

  • David,
    If you are called a ham, you are basically being called a fake...oh what's the word....kinda like a sleazeball. I hope I'm describing that right.
    That's funny what you said about Orlando, but he isn't that bad as far as looks go.:D He just gets on my nerves here and there. And he is always in the spotlight too; always in the big movies. Of course there's nothing wrong with that; but for some reason he is just annoying me.
    -----------------------------------
    "Yup. Totally cool. A lot of us handsome guys are." :)
    -----------------------------------

    Lol, that's pretty funny Zach and David; but alot of you handsome guys are NOT cool; especially you Zach ;D- just kidding!I feel like being mean right now becuse I have like 2 tests tomorrow!

    By Blogger Sara, at 7:59 PM  

  • "ham"- arrogant, self-centered, fake, boastful

    I know why you don't like him ,Sara, but don't worry I won't tell anyone... :)

    By Blogger MVB, at 10:46 PM  

  • Hey...and what's that supposed to mean Zach??? :D I seriously have no idea what your theory is of me not liking him....unless it's something that's embarrassing, spill it! :)

    By Blogger Sara, at 10:56 AM  

  • I'm waiting...:D

    By Blogger Sara, at 2:37 PM  

  • You really want him to spill it? Good luck...he's a hard nut to crack. :P

    By Blogger David Ketter, at 5:04 PM  

  • Do you really want me to tell?

    By Blogger MVB, at 6:59 PM  

  • Ummmm...is this going to emabarrass me? :D I really have no idea what you are going to say....

    Another reason not to like Orlando Bloom though- he flirts too much with other actresses and is very fickle!

    By Blogger Sara, at 9:47 PM  

  • and he's a Buddhist....

    By Blogger MVB, at 5:58 PM  

  • Yeah, another reason not to like him...Ahem- you aren't answering me!

    By Blogger Sara, at 9:12 PM  

  • :)

    By Blogger MVB, at 11:05 PM  

  • You are purpsoely trying to aggravate me!!!! C'mon Zach! Tell me, tell me, tell me!!!!!!!!!

    By Blogger Sara, at 4:23 PM  

  • well................

    By Blogger MVB, at 5:30 PM  

  • >:<

    By Blogger Sara, at 8:15 PM  

  • ............

    By Blogger MVB, at 10:13 PM  

  • Nice Blog

    Best Wishes

    I have a site 80 million Down Loadable Movies If you have the time stop by.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home