Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Resolution

The New Year is closing in fast. Everyone is making New Year's resolutions, promises, and plans.

As Christians, our resolution ought to be that we will grow
more and more in the faith and knowledge of God. We should strive to do exactly what God commands us to do with our lives. We must live for Christ in everything we do!


If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. - Romans 12:18


For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord... - Romans 14:8


Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; -Titus 2:12



Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;-Romans 12:10



And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. -Ephesians 5:2


During 2006, we should all strive harder then ever to: live for God, follow His commandments, and honour Him in all that we do.

Have a happy and blessed New Year!

6 Comments:

  • I typically don't make resolutions, but this year I decided that I would start running again. I haven't done so in over a year due to a back injury.

    BUT-I like the reasons you laid out. I think I'll make those part of my resolution too!

    By Blogger Kristin, at 4:15 PM  

  • Hi, I just turned 16 I live in GA.
    I'm really into baseball (I'm a Braves fan) and I am a calvanist too. Please visit my blog!

    By Anonymous Joshua Ling, at 4:18 PM  

  • Hi Joshua! Thanks for posting! I'll be sure to visit your blog!

    By Blogger MVB, at 4:31 PM  

  • Happy New Year MVB!!!

    By Blogger Kaitlin, at 5:15 PM  

  • Happy New Year!


    On a slightly different note, I posted my picks for best movies of the year. Since I kind of ripped on yours I thought it'd be only fair to give you an opportunity for retaliation.

    By Blogger Rabenstrange, at 6:11 AM  

  • Happy New Year MVB!!!!!!

    By Blogger Sara, at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home