Monday, January 23, 2006

Some Changes...

This week I've done a lot of work on my blog, and wanted to point out some of the changes. :)


I added several blogspot blogs to my blogroll including:Kate's Chosen, Random Responses, Think Upon These Things, Unconformed, La Shawn Barber, and Politics of a Patriot. I also added a news site( with a blog) Transparency News, run by a Conservative friend of mine, Rhett.

My poll ( over there --> ) is a new addition to this blog. I want to find out what was sung the most in my readers' churches. Pollhost makes some awesome polls! You can pick the size, color, font, and even the shape of your poll!

And you can find a dozen Xangas farther on down the blogroll.

My "Currently Reading" section shows which books I am... you guessed it... currently reading. Right now I am reading Christopher Paolini's Eldest which is an epic science-fiction novel. ( And the sequel to Eragon)

Finally, all the way at the bottom of my blogroll is a BlogAdSwap ad. Learn more about this system at the BlogAdSwap site-

Now you can earn advertising on other blogs by displaying their ads on yours!! BlogAdSwap offer a two for one ad swap. For every two ads that are displayed on your blog, one of yours will be shown on another blog in our network of blogs.

I'll have a real post up soon on the Scopes Trial and what is being taught about it in highschools around the US.

Have a good day!

12 Comments:

  • I loved those books!! Can't wait for the third one! And did you know that he was only 16 when he wrote Eragon? Now it's being made into a movie!

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 8:07 PM  

  • Yes!!! Here's the link to the movie site- http://www.shurtugal.com/?id=mandm/eragon/cast

    I don't think Eragon should have been blonde-haired tough. I always pictured him as a dark-haired hunter. What a terrible acting choice... :(

    But, yeah, the books are excellent!!! When does the third one come out?

    By Blogger MVB, at 8:18 PM  

  • Thanks for adding my link to your site. I think you're the first to add my link to their site :) It's good to see so many good blogs such as yours and other homeschooling, Christian families. It's been a great support.

    By Blogger Kathleen F., at 8:50 PM  

  • Wow... Looks awesome! Now I'm jealous! :) I think I'm going to steal a few of your features... :)

    By Blogger pete, at 12:36 PM  

  • My, this must be the season for template revisions. I just completely overhauled my sidebar.

    I like you new changes but I recommend moving up your "Currently Reading" section up on the page. As it is readers have to scroll all the way down past your links, archives etc. (which don't change much).

    Anyhow, the reason I originally came over to post a comment was to get your approval on the banner link I am using for you on my blog. Drop me an email or comment if you do/don't like it.

    By Blogger Rabenstrange, at 1:52 PM  

  • Thanks Pete! And Rabenstrange, I guess I'll move that one section up a bit...

    By Blogger MVB, at 2:13 PM  

  • Nice poll!

    By Blogger Jonathan M, at 4:06 PM  

  • Nice changes ;)

    By Blogger Kierstyn Paulino, at 10:26 PM  

  • I think the actor for Eragon looks OK for the part, though I imagined him with darker hair too. Hopefully he can pull it off, though- the website said this is his first movie. I think the actress for Katrina looks absolutely perfect for Arya, and the actress for Arya perfect for Katrina... *sighs* why can't they switch them?? I don't thing Brom looked anything like the actor they chose for him... oh well.

    I'm not sure when the third one comes out. Eldest is a very recent release, so probably not for a while.

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 2:18 PM  

  • Don't you think Angela is a bit young?

    By Blogger MVB, at 5:58 PM  

  • No... do you? I always imagined her young, probably because I read that Eragon had based her character off his little sister (whose name, coincidently, is also Angela) Didn't she have curly blonde hair in the books? Or did I just think of her that way?

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 7:04 PM  

  • I always imagined her as a middle-aged, plump woman. Something like the Oracle from the Matrix. :)

    By Blogger MVB, at 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home