Saturday, February 18, 2006

Favorite Country Songs

Today, I'm being kind of random....

As many of you know, I'm a huge country music fan, so here is my list ( I compiled a while ago) of my 100 favorite country music songs. :)

[Click on the links to go to the artist's home page, then scroll down and click on the song you want to hear. All the videos are shown through CMT.com. Some of the videos follow a thirty second commercial, so you'll have to be patient. ]


100. Don't Come Home A Drinkin'- Loretta Lynn

99. The Highwaymen- Highwaymen

98. When the Lights Go Down- Faith Hill

97. Whiskey Lullaby- Brad Paisley/ Alison Krauss

96. Cheatin' Heart- Hank Williams

95. Is There Life Out There?-Reba McEntire

94. Stand By Your Man- Tammy Wynette

93. One's On the Way- Loretta Lynn

92. When You Say Nothing At All- Alison Krauss

91. Jackson- Johnny Cash

90. You Win My Love- Shania Twain

89. Ashes By Now- Lee Ann Womack

88. Sunday Mornin' Coming Down- Johnny Cash

87.My Maria - Brooks and Dunn

86. We Were In Love- Toby Keith

85. What About Now- Lonestar

84. Killin' Time - Clint Black

83. The Cowboy in Me- Tim McGraw

82. Mama He's Crazy- the Judds

81. I'm Tryin'- Trace Adkins

80. Bye, Bye- Jo Dee Messina

79. The Chair- George Strait

78. I Fall to Pieces- Patsy Cline

77. Blue- LeAnn Rimes

76. Beautiful Mess- Diamond Rio

75. The Dance- Garth Brooks

74. The Heart that Jack Broke- Lorrie Morgan

73. Bring On the Rain- Jo Dee Messina

72. Drive- Alan Jackson

71. Any Man of Mine- Shania Twain

70. Crazy- Patsy Cline

69. What a Beautiful Day- Chris Cagle

68. Cowboy Take Me Away- Dixie Chicks

67. Be My Baby Tonight- John Michael Montgomery

66. Coat of Many Colors- Dolly Parton

65. The Baby- Blake Shelton

64. Midnight in Montgomery- Alan Jackson

63. How Do You Like Me Know?-Toby Keith

62. Runnin' Away With My Heart- Lonestar

61. Wide Open Spaces- Dixie Chicks

60. Walkin' After Midnight- Patsy Cline

59. Mayberry- Rascal Flatts

58. My Town- Montgomery Gentry

57. She's My Kind of Rain- Tim McGraw

56. Blessed- Martina McBride

55. The Rodeo Song- Garth Brooks

54. The Fightin' Side of Me- Merle Haggard

53. Beer For Me Horses- Toby Keith/ Willie Nelson

52. Check Yes or No- George Strait

51. Better Things to Do- Terri Clark

50. I Walk the Line- Johnny Cash

49. What Say You?-Travis Tritt/ John Mellencamp

48. Friends in Low Places- Garth Brooks

47. Broken Wing- Martina McBride

46. Where Are You Christmas?- Faith Hill

45. Go Rest High on That Mountain- Vince Gill

44. Big Red- Blake Shelton

43. Meet in the Middle- Diamond Rio

42. No Place That Far- Sara Evans

41. Forever and Ever, Amen- Randy Travis

40. No One Else on Earth- Wynonna

39. Don't Rock the Jukebox- Alan Jackson

38. Indian Outlaw- Tim McGraw

37. One More Day - Diamond Rio

36. One Way Ticket- LeAnn Rimes

35. I Miss My Friend- Darryl Worley

34. When Mama Prayed- Randy Travis

33. Have You Forgotten?- Darryl Worley

32. When I Said I Do- Clint Black

31. Ring of Fire- Johnny Cash

30. Thunder Rolls- Garth Brooks

29. Please Remember Me- Tim McGraw

28. Saints and Angels- Sara Evans

27. Independence Day- Martina McBride

26. Mendocino County Line- Willie Nelson/ Lee Ann Womack

25. Breathe- Faith Hill

24. He Stopped Lovin' Her Today- George Jones

23. Not A Day Goes By- Lonestar

22. My Heart Is Lost to You- Brooks and Dunn

21. You're Still the One- Shania Twain

20. She's In Love With the Boy- Trisha Yearwood

19. God Bless the USA- Lee Greenwood

18. God Bless the Broken Road- Rascal Flatts

17. Hurt- Johnny Cash

16. It's a Great Day to Be Alive- Travis Tritt

15. American Child- Phil Vassar

14. Something in Red- Lorrie Morgan

13. I Cross My Heart- George Strait

12. It's Your Love- Faith Hill/ Tim McGraw

11. Should've Been A Cowboy- Toby Keith

10. I'm In a Hurry- Alabama

9. Amazed- Lonestar

8. Only In America- Brooks and Dunn

7. Three Wooden Crosses- Randy Travis

6. Coal Miner's Daughter- Loretta Lynn

5. Keeper of the Stars- Tracy Byrd

4. Where Were You?-Alan Jackson

3. I Will Always Love You- Dolly Parton

2. Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue- Toby Keith

1. Islands in the Stream- Dolly Parton/ Kenny Rogers


Any thoughts? Any country music songs I missed?

6 Comments:

  • I'll have to read more of your list later...you got some good ones on there. I really like Montgomery Gentry's song "You do your thing, I'll do mine."

    By Blogger Matt A., at 4:35 PM  

  • cool list, but why are the dixie chicks on there?

    By Blogger Kierstyn Paulino, at 10:40 PM  

  • *sigh* I despise the Dixie Chicks, but they have ( or had) great song-writers. These are my favorite songs, not vocals or personalities.

    By Blogger MVB, at 10:50 PM  

  • "mr. mom", "three wooden crosses", "the devil went down to georgia", "making memories of us", and i personally like it "probably wouldn't be this way". i really don't like "indian outlaw" or "check yes or no", but that's just me....:-)

    By Blogger Unconformed, at 3:52 PM  

  • You should hear the song "Tougher than Nails" by...uh, I think it's Joe Diffie. It's an awesome song.

    By Anonymous Vevy, at 6:08 PM  

  • Yay! Thanks for listing Amazed, now I know who it's by:) That's one of my favorite songs.

    By Anonymous Aly, at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home